Instructions of Circulation Stack Room
1. Readers can read and borrow the publications in the Circulation Stack Room with a personal library card that has the General Loan function.
2. Each card is entitled to borrow a maximum of 10 books at a time for 28 days. Renewal can be realized once for 28 days prior to the due date. The library will charge RMB0.2 for each overdue book per day.
3. You can renew the loan items at the branch libraries that provide the One-Card-Through service without the literatures or online(http://www.library.sh.cn）. Renewal by telephone is not available.
4. Please take good care of literatures in the reading room. No folding, scribbling, cutting or tearing off pages is allowed. Violators will be punished by the “Management Measures”, or the Standard of Compensation for Books and Periodicals by Shanghai Municipal Administration of Culture, Radio, Film & TV.
5. Please check the literatures carefully and count the number of the books. If they were damaged, missed pages, please report to the staff in time. They will handle it. If the book is marked “CD Attached”, check the CD. Please take care of the literatures and attached discs. The library will charge RMB5 for each CD attached in the books if it is lost or damaged. Please do not take the book out of the room before checking out.
6. If the book is lost, the reader should compensate library a same edition collection, and pay RMB10 service fee additionally, or pay a compensation fee according to the Rules of the Compensation for the Lost Materials of the Shanghai Library. If a Chinese periodical is lost or damaged, the compensation charge is RMB10 each.
7. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Library. Please be silent and keep communication equipment into mute model. Food, colored or sugary drinks are not allowed to bring into the room.
8. Please abide the “Seven Don’ts” and follow the lending rules of the library. Be a civilized reader.
9. Please abide the regulations of the library consciously, support and cooperate with the work of the staff.
10. For other services, please contact librarians nearby.